Roman Blinds - Versatile and Child Safe
Roman blinds compliment any style home, as they are offered in a wide variety of colors, textures, fabrics, patterns, and sizes. Roman blinds are typically used to block out sunlight.
Horizontal slats sit inside of the fabric of the blind and can be raised and lowered, but unlike Venetian blinds, there is no ribbing or texture when the blind's frame is stacked. The blind is raised or lowered without the use of a rope pulley system, so they are very child-friendly.
The fabric used in making kitchen Roman blinds is often waterproof for easy cleaning.
Bedroom Roman blinds have the option of coming with blackout lining to stop sunlight from coming in and disturbing your sleep, or a thermal lining, this won’t reduce your gas/electricity bill by any amount worth even mentioning – but the extra lining does help to retain heat and is good for draughty windows.
They have a variety of linings available:
- Blackout lining, helps in controlling thermal levels and sunlight intake. The only downside to this blind lining is that the material the lining is made of is rather bulky.
- Sateen lining is made up of cotton, it is thinner than blackout lining and has a varying amount of sheen to it. It creates a fuller look to a Roman curtain, but does not provide any insulation or sunlight-blocking properties.
- Interlining is essentially a piece of wadded fabric placed within the blind's frame and sewn in in order to remain undetectable on the exterior of the blind. It has an insulating effect and aids in protection against outside UV rays.
Motorised Roman blinds are easy to use and offer a very tight blind seal around windows. Using a motorised Roman blind couldn’t be simpler, just press the button on your remote control and the motor does the rest!
Roman Blinds - The Curtain Alternative
Known in the industry as the Energy Saving Blind, this is due to their likeness of curtains. Roman Blinds are the curtains cool cousin…….
When it comes to energy saving roman blinds are effective at blocking draughts but unfortunately won’t decrease your gas or electric bill…. As much as we’d love to tell you they can!
Roman blinds work particularly well in Bay Windows where curtains just can’t seem to do this fabulous window any justice.
As with our other blind ranges, roman blinds are made to measure and custom fitted by one of our fitting specialists.
We guarantee a perfect fit and ensure customer satisfaction every time…
We have a large selection of fabrics and linings available. Pop into our showroom, we’d be delighted to bring you through the selection and ensure you find the perfect roman blinds for your room
At Manor Interiors we love chatting about interior design, call, email or pop in….
For more information about our range of roman blinds suitable for your kitchen, click the button below . . .
For more information about our range of roman blinds suitable for your bedrooms, click the button below . . .
For more information about our range of roman blinds suitable for your living room, click the button below . . .
For more information about our range of motorised roman blinds, click the button below . . .
Roman Blind Maintenance.
Follow these tips, and your Roman Blinds will remain fabulous
- A vacuum cleaner with a specialist upholstery attachment is the best way to keep your blinds dust free.
- Open your blind fully and brush the fabric in a downward motion. Don't forget the bottom and side edges as these trap dust easily.
- If you blind does get stained some of our fabrics can be dry cleaned but please contact us before dry cleaning.
Unit 118, Baldoyle Industrial Estate,
Baldoyle, Dublin 13,
D13 T6Y6, Ireland
SHOWROOM OPENING HOURS
Monday-Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 10am - 3pm
Bank Holidays: closed
Day & Night Blinds
Roof Window Blinds
Find us on Social Media: